Wednesday 21 October 2015

Replying the appeal given by Sahithya Akademi


I have noticed your letter. It is a welcome note that a meeting is convened on 23rd  November by the Akademi. Anyway, it is late. Dr.M.M.Kalaburgi had experienced lots of backlash due to his Literature, Research and Speeches. He uses to ignore threatening calls and intimidating letters. He suggested me to ignore such letters- when I started getting similar ones. Therefore, I tore away such letters initially. Whenever there was a threatening call, the mobile phone would be like a fireball. The entire home has suffered due to tension. Stopping our programs, by seeing that function halls are not allotted to our programs, speaking over the T.V Challnels that they would cut our tongues, break our legs & hands and so on.

            Then only I could understand the pain & turmoil of Prof.Kalburgi. It is then I could feel the pain of Shri. Pansare & Dabholkar…..         If you had ever experienced such situations, you wouldn’t react so. (Those who criticise through media, those who brand our move as politically motivated will never understand this.) I hope that such situations should not haunt even these criticisers.I love my country.
            The country’s top most literary body, must never reach the non existent state. It should utilise the freedom and authority bestowed on it.  I resigned to the memebership of the Akademi, with the strong wish that the Akademi would show that, it is not for just literature.    I thank you all for the co-operation extended to me during my membership.


-          Aravinda Malagatti

No comments:

Post a Comment